B.S. in Physical Science
God's character is on display in the world he created, Scripture tells us. Physical science opens our eyes to the wonder and complexity of that world. In Biola's physical science program, you'll be trained and mentored to become a skilled scientist who glorifies God, properly stewards his creation and serves others in research, education and industry.
- General Physical Science
国产偷拍视频The general physical science track allows you to select from a wide range of upper-division electives in chemistry, math and physical science, giving you specialized training to prepare you for your desired graduate studies and career in the sciences.
- Secondary Instruction
A secondary instruction concentration is available to students who wish to teach physical science at the junior high or high school levels. The concentration allows students to work toward a preliminary single-subject teaching credential.
Why Choose Physical Science at Biola?
In addition to its strong curriculum, expert faculty members and vigorous biblical integration of faith and science, Biola’s physical science program offers several key advantages:
- Small class sizes will enable you to benefit from professors who have the time to individualize programs and meet specific needs
- Biola's location in Southern California offers numerous opportunities for internships, research and employment in local industry.
- Summer mission projects that allow students to use their technical skills
- Well-equipped laboratories offer hands-on experience and opportunities to put your learning into action.
- Biola students are sought after both because of solid academic training and a lifestyle commitment that makes for a good employee.
What Will I Study?
国产偷拍视频The physical science program is built around a core curriculum in physics, chemistry and mathematics. Most courses include a laboratory experience that will reinforce lecture theory as well as provide you with technical hands-on skills. We believe that in order to learn science you must do science so along with a strong laboratory experience we encourage internships and research experiences usually done during the summer months.
The physical science program will prepare you for a number of careers, including:
- Technical jobs
- Aerospace technician
What are Graduates Doing Now?
Biola graduates from the physical science major have gone on to study at the following graduate schools: Caltech; Cornell University; University of Indiana; University of California, Davis; University of California, Irvine; University of Southern California; and University of California, San Diego.