B.A. in Liberal Studies, Multidisciplinary
As a liberal studies, multidisciplinary major, you’ll be equipped to work in a variety of education-related fields, including early childhood education, after-school programs, children’s ministry and more. Your broad liberal studies education will also prepare you to enter graduate credential programs in special education or elementary education. Moreover, you’ll have the opportunity to choose an academic concentration that will provide deeper training in a specific subject.
The biology concentration features coursework in biological science, with studies in topics such as environmental science, nutrition and marine biology.
- Early Childhood
The early childhood concentration includes coursework in early childhood curriculum, child development, classroom management and assessment of young children, and can lead to earning a California Child Development Permit.
The English concentration includes coursework in grammar, composition, creative writing and classic literature.
- Health and Physical Education
The health and physical education concentration includes coursework in areas such as kinesiology, sports leadership, psychology in physical education and coaching techniques. Students also have the opportunity to enroll in a 1- to 3-credit internship.
- Human Development
The human development concentration includes psychology courses in areas such as human sexuality, marriage and family and cross-cultural issues.
- Intercultural Studies
The intercultural studies concentration includes coursework in such areas as linguistics, intercultural communication, anthropology and teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL).
国产偷拍视频The mathematics concentration includes coursework in areas such as calculus, linear algebra, probability, statistics and number theory.
国产偷拍视频The Spanish concentration offers two tracks: second language learners and heritage learners. Courses cover Spanish language and culture, conversation and composition, and Spanish applied linguistics and pedagogy.
- Special Education
The special education concentration is composed of coursework on topics such as teaching students with mild disabilities in inclusive settings, autism spectrum disorders and classroom management for students with special needs. Students can receive a Special Education Certificate and apply this coursework toward a at the graduate level.
- U.S. History
The U.S. history concentration features coursework in American government and history from the colonial period to the present day.
- Visual Arts
国产偷拍视频The visual arts concentration includes coursework in such artistic disciplines as drawing, 2D and 3D design, sculpture, ceramics, painting and photography.
Why Choose Education at Biola?
国产偷拍视频In addition to its strong curriculum, expert faculty members and biblical integration, Biola’s liberal studies, multidisciplinary, program offers several key advantages:
- This program features biblically centered curriculum that teaches you how to integrate your faith into your teaching philosophy.
- Get a head start on your Special Education (Mild/Moderate) Credential and earn a Certificate in Special Education with the Special Education concentration.
- Earn a California Child Development Permit with the Early Childhood concentration.
Courses prepare you for the .
- Biola’s location in Southern California — one of the world’s largest and most diverse metropolitan areas — is ideal for internships and job opportunities.
What Will I Study?
国产偷拍视频The liberal studies, multidisciplinary program will prepare you for a wide range of education-related professions. Along with a 12-credit concentration of your choice on a selected topic, some highlights include:
- Elementary art workshop
- Exploration of California, American and world history
- 20th-century political developments
- Contemporary issues in education
- Basic concepts of cognitive development
- Cross-cultural children's literature
- Elementary school music instruction
- Cultural thinking and expression
- English language and literature
- Fundamentals of math
- Foreign Language
As a well-rounded professional with the proper credentials and/or permits, you can expect to impact the world for Jesus Christ in rewarding careers such as:
- Elementary school teacher
- School principal
- Preschool site supervisor
- Educational research analyst
- Curriculum writer and editor
- Government education specialist
- Instructional materials sales representative
- Children’s ministry
- Cross-cultural education