B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies
Sometimes the best way to reach your unique career goals is to design your own path. Biola's Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies allows you to do just that: customize your degree by pairing two academic disciplines you are most passionate about.
You can bridge environmental science and sociology, organizational management and philosophy, art and Spanish, or any number of possibilities. This interdisciplinary approach to education will push you to ask new questions, creatively address complex issues and develop a wider perspective that will prepare you to thrive and adapt in your future chosen career.
Why Choose Interdisciplinary Studies at Biola?
国产偷拍视频More than any other program at Biola, the interdisciplinary studies major provides you with the opportunity to create a customized program that suits your personal career goals. You’ll be able to choose two academic areas of interest, with specific guidance from the program chair on how to integrate and interact with both fields. Other program highlights include:
- Independence and flexibility for the highly motivated, entrepreneurial learner who desires an individualized program that will prepare you for your future career
- Knowledge and training from a multidisciplinary team of faculty
- Individualized attention from the program chair, who will provide you directional guidance and advisement in the area of integration and interdisciplinarity
- Unique positioning for a future career that benefits from expertise in integrative learning and your specific area of interest
- The opportunity to ask questions, engage in dialogue and create something new — all informed and within the context of a Christian worldview
What Will I Study?
国产偷拍视频Unlike most other majors, you get to choose what to study — while creatively considering how your learning intersects and connects to the other. You will take core courses in two specializations (12 to 15 credits each) from expert faculty in these fields, while enrolling in sequential major courses in interdisciplinary studies.
In the major courses, you will study interdisciplinary theories, the nature of integrative learning, basic disciplinary methodologies and characteristics of the interdisciplinary student of human nature. The program will culminate with the Senior Capstone, which gives you the opportunity to apply interdisciplinary thought to a student-selected research project.
Throughout the course of your program, you will collaborate with the program chair, who will provide academic advisement, guidance and opportunities to discuss and develop the integration of your specializations. Major courses in interdisciplinary studies include:
- Introduction to interdisciplinary studies
- Two integration labs
- Interdisciplinary topics
- Capstone to interdisciplinary studies
- Art History
- Studio/Art History Hybrid
- Figure Studies
- Communication Studies
- Environmental Science
- Media Criticism
- Media Producing
- Organizational Management
- General Political Science
- Political Science: International Relations
- Spanish: Second Language Learners
- Spanish: Heritage Language Learners
- Statistics and Data Science
Students with an interdisciplinary education will be knowledgeable in more than one area, making them adaptable and creative in their approach to their future career. Graduates will have opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including law, business, education, nonprofits, media and communications, healthcare and the arts, and will be well prepared for graduate studies.